Guide to street anarchy
What Big Brother Doesn’t Want You To Know About Hemp
By: Jolly Roger
1. Cannabis and hemp are the same. “Marijuana” was the Mexican name given to cannabis.
2. Cannabis was first cultivated in China around 4000 BC
3. The original drafts of the Declaration of Independence were written on hemp paper.
4. One acre of hemp will produce as much paper as four acres of trees.
5. Hemp is a source of fiber for cloth and cordage for rope. The hemp fiber is located inside the long stem of the plant.
6. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp. Washington, our first president, declared, “Make the most of the hemp seed. Sow it everywhere.”
7. Hemp seed is nature’s perfect food. the oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats.
8. Sterilized hemp seed is commonly sold as bird seed.
9. Rolling papers, like Bambu, are made from hemp paper.
10. In 1937, the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act Prohibited the use, sale, and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States.
11. Five years later, during World War II, the US Department of Agriculture released the film, “HEMP FOR VICTORY, ” which encouraged American farmers to grow hemp for the war effort.
12. Hemp is cultivated all over the world. Today, China, Korea, Italy, Hungary, Russia, and France are among the countries that grow hemp for fiber, paper, and other products.
13. Cannabis is classified as a schedule 1 drug by the Food and Drug Administration. Designated as a narcotic, it cannot be prescribed by physicians to patients.
14. In 1988, the DEA’s own administrative law judge concluded that “Marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.”
15. Cannabis can be used as a medicine to treat nausea, pain, and muscle spasms. It alleviates symptoms of glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, AIDS, migraines, and other debilitating ailments.
16. Thirty-five states have passed legislation permitting medical use of marijuana.
17. Twelve Americans receive prescribed marijuana from the US government.
18. More than 400,000 Americans are arrested each year on marijuana charges.
19. More than 400,000 Americans die from diseases related to cigarette smoking each year. More than 150.000 Americans die of alcohol abuse each year. But in 10,000 years of usage, NO ONE has EVER died from marijuana.